Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Low Oil Pressure Light on!! please help.

Old July 3rd, 2013, 9:34 AM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OIL PRESSURE LOW issue

After reading these, I realized I am not the only one having this issue, my car which I love and drive on a daily basis has just started displaying this alert. I was freaking out at the beggining and a week ago changed oil & censor, today however alert came on again ... Not sure what else to do, I love my car and need it therefore cannot afford to have my car mess up on me, nor continue to drive not knowing what it is as I have my daughter with me 99% of the time.

Any suggestions?...
Old October 10th, 2013, 1:01 PM
New User

Default Also having same issue

After driving about 25 or 30 minutes on highway above 60 mph and the at higher rpm's the oil pressure low comes on. My car is at the mechanics now and he has talked to the Chevy Dealer and they have replaced the sensor, the oil pump and the oil pump drive (gears or key way)... not sure exactly what these are and the light is still coming on and the engine rattles but only when the light is on. If you drive the car around town and it never goes over 50 or 55 mph for even long periods of time, it is fine and there is no rattling in the engine. The chevy dealer said it shouldn't be the engine if the rattling is only happening at higher rpms. My mechanic is stumped... please help!

I drive over 100 miles a day (mostly highway) and can't afford to have my car break down. It also has a lot of miles 173,000, but I know it should be able to go a lot longer.

Thanks for any help!
Old October 14th, 2013, 8:10 PM
New User

having low oil pressure light stop engine coming on while driving on highway.And does not stay on long.any suggestion
Old December 19th, 2013, 1:42 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Karen Peterson
Hi igot the same issue. But I also get the ringing bell to stop engine. How did this issue turnout

Hi Karen,

I know it's a been a while, but did your car issues get resolved? If so, what was the problem/solution? I'm going to try the mystery marvel this week. I also have the evap error which cause the check engine light to stay on. Thanks for any assistance.
Old December 19th, 2013, 2:43 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why isn't anyone displaying their current mileage?

I'm going to guess these cars don't have an oil pressure gauge, just a sensor for low pressure?

What type of oil and your using? Have you tried mixing in some 5w40 or even 5w50?
Old December 20th, 2013, 7:37 AM
CF Beginner

I also have a 2007 Impala with 164,000 miles on it. The Low oil pressure warning has been chiming for over a year now. I had the oil pressure switch changed and still the same problem. I ran marvel mystery oil through it twice and this did not help. Sometimes I can drive for hours and no warning but other times It drives me crazy. I can be going down the highway and it chimes, I will put the car in neutral shut off engine and restart and most of the time it silences the warning. Any ideas would be appreciated. I have also spoke to a guy that works on gauge clusters and he said he has never had to do anything to the 2007 impala clusters.
Old December 21st, 2013, 10:42 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by fireman_103
I also have a 2007 Impala with 164,000 miles on it. The Low oil pressure warning has been chiming for over a year now. I had the oil pressure switch changed and still the same problem. I ran marvel mystery oil through it twice and this did not help. Sometimes I can drive for hours and no warning but other times It drives me crazy. I can be going down the highway and it chimes, I will put the car in neutral shut off engine and restart and most of the time it silences the warning. Any ideas would be appreciated. I have also spoke to a guy that works on gauge clusters and he said he has never had to do anything to the 2007 impala clusters.

I'm going to try the marvel as the poster suggested, then have the valve lifter oil filter inspected for sludge as the chevy rep suggested. I hope to have that done by a local mechanic in the next couple days and I will update this post. Please let me know if you have any solutions, thanks for any assistance.
Old December 21st, 2013, 12:07 PM
CF Beginner

I can try to help with an update. since the marvel fix at 198, 000 we had the the light come on again intermittently up to 248, 000. this time we also had a slight oil seep from around oil filter housing. we fixed it by replacing the gasket that holds the housing to engine block, and cleaned passageway that leads to oil pressure sensor, and it wasn't really clogged but did it Anyway. . after replacing the gasket we put in a engine flush solution made by amsoil and used per directions on bottle. . changed oil/filter and no problems since. . we use amsoil oil, signature series which is a full synthetic oil. we are now over 280, 000 <br />
<br />
as for the large evap code well that's another story. . no one can figure it out with permanent fix, and we have done everything through dealer and now independent mechanics, done things twice even such as new evap canisters, gas caps, evap lines, smoke tests, evap sensors, wiring harness etc. . <br />
good luck, hope this helps. .
Old January 14th, 2014, 10:38 AM
CF Beginner

Default Just Sensors

My issues with the Low engine oil pressure message and evap check engine light were just sensors that needed to be replaced. They were cheap to replace and a relief as the previous mechanics were quoting costly solutions.
Old January 14th, 2014, 10:48 AM
CF Beginner

I found alot of new stuff for my Impala on gmparts.us

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Low Oil Pressure Light on!! please help.