Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Low Oil pressure light and sound won't go away

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2018, 1:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low Oil pressure light and sound won't go away

In February 2018 the oil pressure warning came on and i immediately took my car to have the oil changed. New filter, oil and air filter. A few days later the oil pressure warning started again and I had the sensor replaced. Lifetime warranty. It has been quiet until yesterday 5/7/18. This has been going on steadily every second of the hour and it is driving me bonkers. I had my oil changed again today after reading that once the sensor is replaced the oil needs to be changed again. It didn't stop the warning and now i am at a loss. There are a lot of possibilities on the internet about "fixes" but i need one answer that will get this problem solved today. I love my Chevy Malibu, but Chevrolet and their small problems always lead to bigger annoying issues and more money than the car appears to be worth. What are we NOT doing correctly to fix this issue. I need a quick answer to this very annoying problem because this car is my lively hood and i don't want to invest in a new car if this is something that can be fixed at a low cost. A woman fixing her own issues and not having good results. HELP!
Old May 8th, 2018, 2:30 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

What model, and how many miles on the engine? If you've replaced the sensor, perhaps one of 2 things, either that sensor is bad, or your oil pressure is low. I'd suggest having a mechanical gauge put on it to determine if it is a low pressure condition.
Old May 8th, 2018, 6:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2013 Chevy malibu...... so is there a screen behind the sensor that should be replaced once and is there by any chance that the wires from the sensor are chaffing cause this issue?
Old May 9th, 2018, 2:10 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It could be that you actually have low oil pressure indicating a bad pump or sludge build up in the oil pan clogging the pickup tube and screen. You need to get a pressure gauge hooked up and see what the actual pressure is. If it is a oil pressure issue, continued driving will kill the engine in a short period of time.