Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Missing settings in MyLink Comfort and Convenience Menu

Search this Thread

Old March 22nd, 2018, 4:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Missing settings in MyLink Comfort and Convenience Menu

My 2017 Impala Premier has Comfort and Convenience options for seat memory and reverse tilt mirror. These options are supposed to be selectable under the "Comfort and Convenience" menu. I should see "Auto Memory Recall", "East Exit Options", "Reverse Tilt Mirror" and "Chime Volume". However I only see "Chime Volume". Has anyone figured out how to make them available under "Comfort and Convenience"? I know other owners have experienced this, some saying it was intermittent, they would appear and disappear for no reason. Thank you!

Mark
Old March 24th, 2018, 9:50 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by mderoller
My 2017 Impala Premier has Comfort and Convenience options for seat memory and reverse tilt mirror. These options are supposed to be selectable under the "Comfort and Convenience" menu. I should see "Auto Memory Recall", "East Exit Options", "Reverse Tilt Mirror" and "Chime Volume". However I only see "Chime Volume". Has anyone figured out how to make them available under "Comfort and Convenience"? I know other owners have experienced this, some saying it was intermittent, they would appear and disappear for no reason. Thank you!

Mark
I have a similar problem. All of the options in the comfort and convenience menu showed up initially, disappeared for some time, showed up again and then disappeared - but now I can't get it to come back. I've tried restarting the car, tried with both fobs, even tried restoring the factory settings in the vehicle settings. Nothing seems to make a difference. Looks like a glitch with the software. The dealer hadn't ever seen this problem before.
Old March 25th, 2018, 2:09 PM
CF Beginner

Those settings mysteriously appeared. I don't know exactly what I did. I know that I did a restore factory settings for everything, and then I reconnected my phone over Bluetooth.
Old June 25th, 2018, 1:04 PM
CF Beginner

This seems to explain the issue Missing Personalization Settings Menu Items | TechLink
The missing Comfort and Convenience menu items may not appear when the vehicle is started and will not reappear for the entire ignition cycle. However, if the ignition is turned off briefly and on again before the radio/tuner has a chance to go to sleep, the menu items will typically reappear. The missing menu items are a result of a timing issue between the Memory Seat Module and the radio/tuner when the key is turned on.

If this condition is found with items missing at times from the Comfort and Convenience menu, reprogram the Memory Seat Module with the latest TIS2Web calibrations. If menu items are always missing from a Settings menu and never reappear over a short key cycle, or if any related DTCs are stored, follow the diagnostic procedures in the Service Information.

TIP: Depending on the vehicle, TIS2Web may list both a driver and passenger Memory Seat Module. If this case, select and reprogram the driver Memory Seat Module. Refer to Seat Memory Control Module Programming and Setup in the appropriate Service Information.

Following Memory Seat Module programming, the memory seat adjustment settings will need to be stored again.
Refer to Bulletin #18-NA-039 for additional information.
Old June 27th, 2018, 2:57 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

good to know