Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

My 2002 Chevy Impala dies after 5-10 minutes of driving.

Old October 1st, 2017, 6:57 AM
MTG
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 2002 Chevy Impala dies after 5-10 minutes of driving.

I have an intermittent problem of my 2002 Chevy Impala with 87k miles stalling. It usually occurs after 5-10 minutes of driving. It's also died while in idle. It's happened three times while turning; once right and twice left. Also, while stopped at a stoplight and once when in idle in my driveway. The catalytic converter was replaced, new spark plug and wires. It has a new battery, mass airflow sensor, fuel pressure regulator, and fuel filter. Fuel pump is giving me constant 42 lbs of pressure. It throws no codes. Two separate shops tell me they can't find anything wrong with it. I can go months without it happening but if I don't run the car for a day or two, it happens more often. When key is in the ignition in position two, the dash lights come on as usual. The local dealer on the phone says it might be the crank shaft sensor, $300 fix. I'm not sure.

Search this Thread