Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

New 2007 Impala SS

Search this Thread

Old February 21st, 2007, 1:14 PM
bub
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2007 Impala SS

My father bought a new 2007 Impala SS w/ the 5.3L 303 hp transverse V8 yesterday at the close of the GM President's Day Event. $500 under invoice (MSRP ~$29k, $27k selling price) and 0% for 60 months.

'07 SS, with limited options (no Bose, no sunroof, no polished wheels, w/o convenience package).

Precision Red with the Grey leather interior.

This thing should befast from the reviews I've read.

Anyone else have one that they can express their thoughts/observations on for me here? How is the torque steer. Seems like allot of hp for a front wheel drive platform...

Did he get a good deal?

-CKB
Old February 21st, 2007, 1:57 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: New 2007 Impala SS

It was close to 1030 last night and I must have seen 6 commercials for the presidents day sale- buick, saturn, GMC, over and over.... 1030 pm?
said... take delivery by 2/20/07 in my head I was like hmmmm, they really open?
We ordered an 07 3LT. guess it didnt arrive in time to take advantage of this 0%.
Old February 21st, 2007, 2:03 PM
CF Senior Member

forgot to say- this is my significant others Impala. well when it does arrive.... shes currently driving a 98 Honda Civiclow end model. Noisy and underpowered etc.... drives and the noise just drives her mad....
We went to the Drive SS event in So Cal. she drove an Impala SS and LOVED IT! loved the power, the feel, the dual exhaust sound from the exterior.
well, since she drives alot for work, and needs a LARGE trunk- (her little civics trunk is jammed packed)..... the only thing is that the SS was out of her price range and the V8 gas wise was also another factor....
soshe compromissed....went with a 3LT.... 3.9 V6 and dual exhaust..... on the test drive- the dealer was nice enough to just hand us the keys to a unit there- no one rode with us....
I told her when she made the turn on the street- to step on it like she was merging on the freeway... in no time she was doing 60... I had to tell her hey.... slow down- youre going past 60.... (on a sidestreet).
The car was quiet and smooth she didnt realize...... her Civic at 60 vibrates and makes tons of noise.....
So----- cool thing you got that SS.....theyre nice cars..
Old March 3rd, 2007, 2:47 AM
art
CF Junior Member

Bub, I bought a 06 SS in July from a dealer'snewspaper ad running it as a loss leader. The car was loaded $30,300 msrp, had all the options. The ad was for $23,600, I called them the second I got the paper and they still had the car so I bought it over the phone, it only had 100 mi. on it. I had a GM credit card with $2561 worth of dividend dollars built up on it so was able to deduct that from the $23,600. Wrote thema check for $21,039 and drove off with the 06 SS 2 hours later. The gas mileage sucks, but gets better after 5000 or so miles. Switch to a good synthetic oil and you will get a couple of more mpg. I have had trouble with the remote start and there is suppose to fix in the works for it, it appears there was a design flaw and they are going to have to put replacements parts in. You need to have the car going in a straight line before you floor board the gas, the torque steer is bad in curves under hard acceleration. The car runs real strong andI like mine. It looks like a sleeper on the street unless you see the SS badge and I've supprised a few people from stop lights starts, they only see the rear bumper. Tell him to enjoy it.
Old March 3rd, 2007, 1:18 PM
CF Veteran

Congrats on your new impalas. Just a side note, the Presidents day sale was extended to 2/28 for some models. Enjoy your new rides. I miss my old impala.
Old March 4th, 2007, 9:42 PM
CF Junior Member

I leased a 2007 Impala SS last week. I put down my 2003 impala only got $7200 in trade. Caught the president day sale plus a $500 incentive for owning a non GM car in the household; also had GM points for$1569. The car is Black with neautral leather interior , it has every SS option except 6CD changer. MSRP was $31695. Lease with the optional alarm system is $190 per month for 39 months.
Car seems to be very fast Was in one not mine and raced a Dodge Charger when I was in Alabama yesterday and each race was very close the charger was approx a bumper ahead when reaching 100 mph. Pleanty of room down there where you could appriaciate the power of these cars unlike on Long Island.
But yes on mine there is alot of torque steer from a stop. When coming out of a turn and getting on it the torque steer is crazy. So far gas milage is not great gauge says 11mph so far.
Old March 5th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Banned

Performance would be even better if the engine had more than four widely spaced ratios to work with. With a six-speed automatic the SS would really scream.

I personally enjoyed driving the related Grand Prix GXP much more, but there's no denying that the Impala SS is much roomier inside. I remember finding it odd that the shifter area lacks any PRNDL annotation--you can only get this info from an indicator in the instrument cluster. Sure, it's easier to look there anyway, but I still found it odd.
Old March 5th, 2007, 6:44 PM
CF Senior Member

Loss leader? is that what they call the cars in the ads.... the ones that sound too good to be true. but they only have 1 at this price?
I guess they take a loss on the 1 car- but all the subsequent traffic that comes in looking for it may make up the diff?
Old March 7th, 2007, 3:08 AM
art
CF Junior Member

Rabarrios you are right about the loss leaders that appear in the paper. I've called on several different ads only to find out the car was probably sold before the ad even came out, that is why I was supprised this SS was still available and I bought it over the phone. I watched the ads for 6 months before I found this one. I had a good car so wasn't under any pressure to get a new car, just wanted the SS. The best time to buy a new car is when you don't "have"to have it, that way you can wait and watch for the good deals that always come along. Small town dealers are less likely to run really good loss leaders than the big city corporate owned dealerships who can afford the loss on one car toget the foot traffic in the dealership.I watched theads from the nearby large cities and ended up buying the car from a dealer 150 mi. away but saved thousands doing so.
Old April 16th, 2007, 3:22 AM
CF Beginner

bub, I purchased my 07 impala SS in January, shortly after my father got his Impala LTZ andone week before the presidents sale, but I got a pretty good deal. 1500 under invoice. It took a while to find because I wanted ever option offered. I chose the silver with black leather. The 303 hp under the hood is a little strong for the front wheel drive, if you plan on stepping down hard on the gas, you better hang on to the wheel with both hands, you could lose control very easily. By far, it has been the best ride I ever had. Enjoy yours.

Quick Reply: New 2007 Impala SS