Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

new member with impala issues

Search this Thread

Old March 5th, 2018, 2:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile new member with impala issues

Hi Im new to this forum and wanted to say Hi and ask for some help. I have a 2014 impala, and my side detection sensor module went out. The dealer put it on his machine and said it came up with park sensor alarm, side detect alarm and front camera alarm. He wants 600.00 bucks to fix it. I can buy the module for around 200.00. My question is where is it located and is it something that's an easy fix. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again.
Old March 6th, 2018, 11:45 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the forum. I had the same errors on my 2014 Impala 2LTZ. I guess the module is in a bad place where it catches all the slush, salt and rain water. The one on the passenger went on me. The issue was that the new module has to be programmed to the car, with their Tech Tool. Once they replaced it all was fine and working again.