Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

New (to us) 2017 Impala Premier.

Search this Thread

Old November 4th, 2017, 7:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New (to us) 2017 Impala Premier.

Hi all. Just joined the site a short while ago as my wife and I just purchased a 2017 Impala Premier today. Love the car! We chose black (should say wife!) with black leather interior, sunroof, etc.
One thing I noticed, and it kind of bugs me, is the amount of Impalas we looked at that all had wheel/rim scuffs. I noticed the rim sticks out just as far as the side of the tire does so any incidental contact made with the curb, it will scratch the rim.

Have any of you purchased/replace the factory tires, and if so, were the new ones, a little more bulgy/protective of the rims?
We haven't picked up the car yet, we don't get it until Wednesday due to the safety/license, etc, but I'd like to learn as much as I can about it before bringing it home. Yes, I wish I found this site prior to the purchase, but that's usually the way it goes.
Attached Thumbnails New (to us) 2017 Impala Premier.-wp_20171104_12_44_22_pro.jpg   New (to us) 2017 Impala Premier.-wp_20171104_12_42_54_pro.jpg   New (to us) 2017 Impala Premier.-wp_20171104_12_43_59_pro.jpg   New (to us) 2017 Impala Premier.-wp_20171104_12_43_02_pro.jpg  
Old November 5th, 2017, 5:01 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Swerve64, welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new ride. It looks very nice. I haven't replaced the wheels on my 2014 but have gotten them scuffed due to some incompetent car wash operator. But that's another story. I know there are others on here that have replaced the factory wheels. Maybe they will chime in soon.
Old November 5th, 2017, 6:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank3
Hi Swerve64, welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new ride. It looks very nice. I haven't replaced the wheels on my 2014 but have gotten them scuffed due to some incompetent car wash operator. But that's another story. I know there are others on here that have replaced the factory wheels. Maybe they will chime in soon.
Thanks, Frank. I guess I should do some digging in here to see if I can find those posts. I like the rims, and would like to keep them, I am just hoping a different tire will protect the rim a little better?
I appreciate the welcome.