Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

OEM Wheels and Horn

Search this Thread

Old March 25th, 2007, 6:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OEM Wheels and Horn

I recently took over payments on a 2005 LS with the factory 50k warranty. The aftermarket rims that were on the car when my roomates got it are killing my economy and attracting unwanted attention. Where can I get OEM wheels other than a dealer. Also the horn started sounding weak one day when they had it. Is this something under the warranty or would I be better off fixing it myself. The car as 48.8k so I need to take care of the horn soon if it is covered.

Old March 26th, 2007, 1:47 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: OEM Wheels and Horn

How are they killing your economy?
What is the overall diameter of the tires? Are they bigger than stock?
If the overall size of the tire is bigger than stock- then it will affect the speedometer. When the tires were put on- did they have the car calibrated to use bigger tires?
Also, factory rims can most likely be found on ebay. do a search for something like impala factory rim
Old March 26th, 2007, 4:09 PM
CF Beginner

The aftermarkets are 18" wich is 2" bigger than stock. As for the overall diameter, I don't know that the stock sets are so I couldn't tell you. I also don't know if the spedo was recal for them. I will need to find all of this out. I know that last time my roomates had the tires changed, the guy at the shop said that they are "heavy as f**k" and it was definatley impacting fuel milage. What about the horn though.
Old March 26th, 2007, 4:44 PM
CF Senior Member

So I guess your model impala came with 16's. if someone could measure their 16's with stock size tires- and post a diameter...
if the rims are 18's and the tire is sporty and thin, then its possible that the diameter has not changed in comparison to 16's + thicker tires... meaning no calibration would be needed....

as for the horn... I personnally dont know where it is... Im guessin its hidden somewhere by the bumber area.
Old March 26th, 2007, 6:21 PM
CF Junior Member

I have a set of 2004 Monte Carlo 5 spoke GM Factory Mag Wheels. If you are interested E mail me at Gad1357@yahoo.com. Also have a set of 2004 Monte Carlo SS Interior Mats brand new grayif you know any who needs them also.
Old March 26th, 2007, 10:36 PM
CF Beginner

Unfortunatley I don't know anyone who has the factory 16" so I can't tell the size. As for the horn, I have already found it. If you look in the pictures below there are three red circles. On the passenger side headlight , the the furthest to the right is a panel clip that needs to be removed. The other two are white plastic clips that hold the headlight assembly in place. Remove the panel clicp pull up the panel and pull up on the two white plastic clips. The entire headlight assembly will now easily come out of the car. This is where the horn is. Also a really easy way to change the headlight's bulbs.

This next picture shows the headlight assembly removed and the horn assemly is circled. The uppermost of the two horns works, the bottom one doesn't.
Old March 27th, 2007, 4:11 PM
CF Beginner

I have the same problem with my horn, one of them was no good. I ended up changing both of them. I got a set with brand new tires if your interested. Maybe a trade or something. Let me know, jerseyjg81@aol.com
Old March 31st, 2007, 5:43 PM
CF Beginner

ebay.comsearch under 16" steel wheel. or chevrolet steel wheel. when searching for this wheel always use steel wheel. i got 2 for 45.00 plus 15.00 shipping each. here is the exact person i bought from and probably the only one left. they are dirty but need cleaning. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/16-00...spagenameZWDVW
Old April 2nd, 2007, 4:06 PM
CF Senior Member

theres something about those steel wheels Ive always liked.
could be that most of those steel wheels are Police car wheels and Ive always liked the look.