Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Passenger side front turn light stays on

Search this Thread

Old February 24th, 2018, 5:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger side front turn light stays on

Some call it the hazard light/turn signal it’s the one on the passenger side that’s orange there no confusion. Anyways I Own a 2002 impala 3.4 and that light won’t turn off. I’ve replaced a fuse. Still stays on. Switched out relays. Still stays on. I’m perplexed by this issue and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or problems similar to this. I’ll take literally anything. I’ve talked to people about this and they’re pretty much just as amazed as I am. So any advice or tips is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Old March 2nd, 2018, 11:38 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Have you replaced the bulb recently? A friend of mine had this with his truck and he actually had 2 problems. First up when he first asked me about it, he had the wrong bulb in it, so he said he would go to get one later when he had time. When he finally got the correct bulb, he had installed it incorrectly and had it 180 degrees out, and since it was in the socket wrong, he could not fully twist it to fully seat it to line up the contacts on the bulb and socket.
Old March 2nd, 2018, 4:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hm interesting. No I haven’t replaced the bulb, but I did rotate it 180 degrees to see if that would change anything, however it still stays on
Old March 3rd, 2018, 7:28 AM
CF Active Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Which fuse, when pulled, turns the light OFF?
Take a close look at the bulb, are both filaments lit? This would indicate a bad ground for that bulb. The 'park light' power is back-feeding into the turn signal filament lighting it up.
Maybe it's the hazard switch. Try cycling the hazard switch a half dozen times sometimes this will clean the switch contacts.