Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Pillar trim covers for 2006 and later models.

Search this Thread

Old August 13th, 2012, 3:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pillar trim covers for 2006 and later models.

I got sick of the decaying pillar trims on my 2006 Impala, so I got these carbon fiber trim covers to replace the OEM piano black finish that has faded to sunburn by now. And I must say, they actually look better than I thought they would. They're flexible carbon fiber vinyl pieces with a matte black finish. I can actually feel the crisscross pattern if I brush over it, it's pretty cool. The only downside of this for me is that the piece on the rear pillar do not cover the curved part of the trim, as you can see in the picture. It leaves a slight gap next to the window. And I would prefer a glossy finish to match the mainstream carbon fiber performance parts, but that's just me.

Overall, I'm happy with the new look. It's amazing when sunshine reflects off of it. If you also have an '06 or newer Impala with pillar trims that look like sunburn, I would recommend getting pillar trim covers like these. I got mine for less than $40 on eBay. They're made by 3M and you may have to do a bit of trimming around the edges. But they've worked out really well so far.
06-09 Chevrolet Impala 6pc Pillar Post Covers BLACK CARBON FIBER Di-Noc post b | eBay

This is just my preference, there are chrome ones out there too if you prefer the bling.

Link to the picture: http://filesmelt.com/dl/IMG_04511.jpg
(sorry to post link...the picture is as big as the entire screen if I just paste it)

Last edited by EpicFruit; August 13th, 2012 at 3:04 PM.