Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Please read!!Bad Car last Chevy product.............

Search this Thread

Old January 8th, 2018, 1:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please read!!Bad Car last Chevy product.............

So let me first say that my entire family has been a GM family from my grandad working for them to my mom have a box suburban as long as I can remember. I followed with purcashing a 2005 impala then gave to my sister and got a 2010 impala which I still have but don't drive because I upgraded to the 2015 impala in April with on 48k on it. So just last week I was driving and the car came to a complete stop and cut off. I was worried to death because I was just hit from the back two months ago. My first instinct was to call on star to see what the problem was and they said stabilatrak and I need to hurry into a dealer cause it was unsafe to drive. I get my car to dealer and after a 3.5 hr wait I was told it was a bad battery. Being I had to work I paid and then called GM to tell them the situation after being on the phone for an hour basically was told since the dealership didn't call and say the battery was defective and I'm out of the 36k bumper to bumper I have to pay mine you the diagnostic was 115 and the battery was 210 and the damn labor was 120 like wtf. This has me beyond mad like I could have gotten in an accident and the car was malfunctioning while I was driving. I will never again the reason I don't drive my 2010 is because of the engine reduce power and it shuts off but I see the pattern now and I will be trying to get another car asap.
Old February 5th, 2018, 7:38 AM
CF Beginner

So your battery died and now you hate Chevy and will never buy another one? WOW Hope things go better for you.
Old February 5th, 2018, 9:34 AM
CF Beginner

Default My last chevy purchase too!

So....ive been dealing with the Engine Power Reduced msg for about a month now in my 2010 Chevy Cobalt. Not only the msg but the shaking and sputtering of my engine too. We are down to 1 car because my husband's 2014 Chevy Impala is down as well (long story) and it's been horrible! I replaced the throttle body as well as the wiring harness ($575.00) and it still is happening! So 2 cars down and we have no other way around unless we rent or uber. With 3 kids and 2 jobs this is devastating to us financially. Once we get back on our feet our next purchase will NOT be a GM automobile!!! This car is my Christine! My hazard button fell into my dashboard 2 weeks after getting the car only to research and find out that I wasn't the only Cobalt owner who had this happen to. It costs over 200 bucks to fix and who can afford that right after purchasing a car? Smh I absolutely agree that GM has list it's way!!!