Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Which Plugs and wires

Search this Thread

Old August 29th, 2011, 12:34 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Plugs and wires

i have a 2006 impala ls non flex fuel 3.5 . the car is at 98k and im going to be doing a tune -up soon . what type of plugs should i purchase for the vehicle and what type of plugs ? Also what all do i need to perfom a major tune-up? i have never owned a impala so i dont know much yet . if it was a h onda i would know lol .
Old August 31st, 2011, 11:33 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by xowiickedox
i have a 2006 impala ls non flex fuel 3.5 . the car is at 98k and im going to be doing a tune -up soon . what type of plugs should i purchase for the vehicle and what type of plugs ? Also what all do i need to perfom a major tune-up? i have never owned a impala so i dont know much yet . if it was a h onda i would know lol .
At nearly 100,000 miles, you should inspect/replace the following components: air filter, water pump, timing chain, thermostat, accessory belts, brakes, tires, spark plugs, ignition wires, battery, etc.

The two major jobs that owners typically perform at the 100K mileage interval is the water pump and timing chain replacement. Many websites sell replacement packages that include all of the necessary components for these jobs (gmpartsgiant.com sells the water pump kit for $167.36, for instance).

As for a recommended spark plug brand, NGK has always delivered solid results for me and my customers.

Good luck!
Old September 1st, 2011, 2:08 AM
CF Beginner

and the 3.5 uses iridium plugs correct? and is ac delco a good brand ?