Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

rear suspension problems?

Search this Thread

Old July 26th, 2011, 12:21 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear suspension problems?

I have heard that the 07-08 impalas had a problem in the rear suspension that caused rear tires to wear out very quickly. I was also told that Chevrolet only fixed the problem in the police vehicles per a service bulletin. Is anyone aware of what the problem is and how to fix it? From what i understand, they just added bushings or something. I just purchased my 07 and the left rear tire is wearing funny on the inside. Makes the car feel like it has a tire out of balance. The car could use some tires here soon, but i do not want to feed the car tires all the time. Thanks for any help.
Old September 7th, 2011, 6:27 PM
CF Beginner

Default 07-08 Impala Rear Tire Issue

There is a bulletin that was put out by Chev for police cars.
http://www.phila.gov/fleet/Warranty%...20bulletin.pdf

I called the local chev dealership and of course they know "nothing about it" so when i went to parts they told me i did not fit the vin cut off.. after putting in the part # with out vin number it related to all 07 and 08 impalas as the correct part.
the part is GM 19208347. replacement rods on rear suspension. both sides

my question to GM techs is what is different about the new rods vs old rods.

I have 4 wheel alignment papers that show how the rears get out of wack in short order. I have suffered the inner of rear tires wearing out. on carcomplaints.com web site there are several others and if you google the GM part number you will find more.
Old November 4th, 2011, 6:54 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks Carl. Sorry, I just saw your response. I took mine to my alignment shop. He checked the alignment and said it was just slightly out of alignment. He made the adjustments and i went on my way. That was about 1 month ago. I guess I need to go have them check it again just to see if anything is changed. Is this an issue of it getting "out of line" or is it an issue of it not lining up properly because of a design flaw?
Old February 24th, 2012, 2:22 PM
CF Beginner

Send in a complaint to directly to GM. I did and they paid for my new set of tires i just put on, did an alignment and paid for another alignment I had done at another shop. Didn't cover out of pocket expences.