Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Reduced Engine Power/ Service Traction Control Alert!

Search this Thread

Old October 5th, 2019, 8:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I would lime to file a complaint also

I would like to complain as well
Old October 18th, 2019, 5:39 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by JimK
Obviously, Blue and Sledge, you have never experienced this problem. If you ever had your engine do a complete shutdown - NOT just limp mode and NOT just the reduced acceleration as you quote from the owners manual - maybe you wouldn't be so self-righteous about our concerns about safety. So you don't think a complete,engine off, no power steering, no power brakes, and disabled starter while driving at highway speeds on an interstate is a safety issue? Are you so in love with Chevys that you can't acknowledge there might be a real problem. Have you also read the similar posts in the Malibu forum? How about the complaints about this problem covering 2008 - 2011 Impalas and Malibus on the NHTSA web site?
Or are you really GM employees trying to deny the issue like GM customer service is doing?

I was just about to make a comment about how rude Blue and sledge were. All you were doing was asking for help or for advise. I have a 2015 impala and I have been having trouble with mine regarding the stabilitrak an abs lights. Dealership couldn't figure out what it was causing it. And to Blue and Sledge not everybody can afford to take there car to shop. Dealership charged me $150 just to put my car on there lift and look at it. And you keep talking about older vehicles. It was a lot easier to work on them then. Now days its a lot harder to work on certain parts of vehicles.
Old October 18th, 2019, 5:53 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by JimK
Blue, you are making an awful lot of assumptions and spouting off without knowing or, apparently, caring to know the real facts. You keep mentioning codes. You say posters are making assumptions without involving the dealer. But, if you READ the posts about this problem, the people who have posted have been to a dealer and, in some cases, the problem has recurred. Nobody here is asking for your sage advice - we are discussing what appears to be a serious safety issue. If you can't contribute in a positive way, why don't you just go back to sitting on the sidelines where you can judge all you want without interfering with this discussion.
FWIW, if I were programming that computer and it detected a faulty APPS, I would have it test other sensors such as TPS, engine RPM, actual speed from the speedometer, etc. From them it could determine whether it was at full throttle or not. Knowing that sensors can sometimes fail, no single sensor failure should cause a complete shutdown. All it takes is competent programming.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This reply is from.
Brentonlwilkie@gmail.com

Or how about chevy problem with not making sure everything is grounded out properly. Impalas use to be very good cars to own. Chevy use to be my favorite out of all them but not after getting my 2015 impala. There hasn't been one person able to fix or help or give advice for my car.

Last edited by Brenton Wilkie; October 18th, 2019 at 6:02 AM.