Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Reduced power and engine codes after car sat

Search this Thread

Old June 11th, 2020, 8:40 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reduced power and engine codes after car sat

I have a 2010 impala police that about a year ago was my daily driver. The radiator started leaking so I parked it and started driving one of my other cars. During that time I have started it up and let it run until the temp gauge reached about half way about every month. Today I finally changed the radiator and charged the battery. When I started it it had kind of a rough start. It was running pretty bad and displayed it was in reduced power mode and the check engine light was lit. I got my OBD reader and it displayed codes P1516, P2101 and code P2610. I let it run about 3 or 4 minutes. When I shut it off I erased the codes and restarted the engine. The car ran great then and reduced power display was gone and no check engine light. I let the car run about 20 minutes and it ran great the whole time. Is it possible that the reduced power and engine code were brought on from the car sitting and not being started ?