Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Reduced Power / Thottle disabled

Search this Thread

Old February 20th, 2018, 11:40 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reduced Power / Thottle disabled

I own a 2010 Chev Impala and have struggled with problems with Service stability, Reduced Power, and now Throttle disabled. I recently took my car to the dealership for a full diagnostics per Chevrolet customer service. Apparently their is an extended warranty regarding this problem, and they wanted to confirm it. Dealership confirmed that the throttle pedal assembly needs to be replaced, but the coverage was up to 120k miles. I have 122k miles. Chevrolet was nice enough to call me today to let me know that they will not cover fixing a known problem, in which they have an extended the warranty on. I have read other forums and see this problem is all over the place. This problem escaladed last week when me car shut off on the freeway and was almost rear ended by a semi-trailer. Seems as though this problem is not worthy of a recall. But they have a recall for the ignition switch to add an extra key ring. ???? I have read that there was a class action law suit for this issue. Can anyone update me regarding where to find out ? Thank you !