Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Remote Control

Search this Thread

Old January 8th, 2007, 4:54 AM
art
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote Control

I have an '06 Impala SS and having trouble with the remote. It is suppose to unlock or start the carup to 200 ft. away, however mine has never worked more than 75 feet away. The dealer has reprogramed the remote twice and said that is all they can do. There are times it will not work even 20 feet away. From the sides or rear it will only work 25 to 35 feet max. Has anybody had this problem and can you suggest a fix. Do you know if there are any Technical Service bulletinsout for this problem.
[sm=patriot.gif]
Old January 8th, 2007, 11:33 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Remote Control

Yes, this is very common on 06/07 impalas. turns out that the antenna/reciever unit for these things is bad. I think it might be a grounding issue. The only fix is to replace the antenna and/or reciever. However, there is a redesigned antenna coming out this month to fix this, as well as a TSB. Dealers have been advised not to conduct any further repairs until these two are put in place sometime in January. Also, this pertains to the "SERVICE TIRE MONITER" issue as well since the tire pressure monitors tramsit to the same reciever unit. I'll be talking to my dealer this week and will find out when the TSB/new antenna are going to be available.
Old January 9th, 2007, 8:06 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Remote Control

I have an 07 that is three months old and have the same problem. My service writer has an 06 and does the same. My remote start is getting so bad that I have to be sitting in the car for it to work. Supposedly, it has to do with the antenna and sometime this month, there is going to be a recall. They have to have the parts to start.