Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

ANY NEW NEWS ON THE REMOTE CONTROL PROBLEM??

Search this Thread

Old January 21st, 2007, 4:04 AM
art
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ANY NEW NEWS ON THE REMOTE CONTROL PROBLEM??

I posted the below a couple of weeks ago and want to thank the two nice folks that answered, your info really helped. Has anybody heard anything lately about the recall?

"I have an '06 Impala SS and having trouble with the remote. It is suppose to unlock or start the carup to 200 ft. away, however mine has never worked more than 75 feet away. The dealer has reprogramed the remote twice and said that is all they can do. There are times it will not work even 20 feet away. From the sides or rear it will only work 25 to 35 feet max. Has anybody had this problem and can you suggest a fix. Do you know if there are any Technical Service bulletinsout for this problem."
Old January 22nd, 2007, 2:33 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: ANY NEW NEWS ON THE REMOTE CONTROL PROBLEM??

There is to be a recall on the antennae and transmitter for the Impala and Monte Carlo this month. They are just now getting the parts for the replacement. I am going in to my dealer in the morning to have my '07 Impala fixed. I have to be sitting in my car for mine to work. It worked fine when I bought mine in October and has been dying ever since. Can also mess with your tire pressure monitoring system also if you have it. I am the first one in my area to have this done. Hope it's not like when Mircrosoft releases a new operating system.
Check with your service department and have them order the parts. I havea good service writer.
Old January 24th, 2007, 4:14 AM
CF Beginner

See the last two answers on my blog
Old February 2nd, 2007, 11:34 AM
CF Beginner

I have the same problem with a 2007 Impala SS I just bought in December. Over the past 6 weeks the range kept getting weaker and weaker. Now it won't work unless I am actually in the car. I called the service department of my dealership and they said the transmitters are on national backorder. Very convienent, seeing as how It's the dead of winter in snowy Buffalo, NY and I could really use the remote start. YEAH DELPHI!!!!!
Old February 3rd, 2007, 7:49 PM
CF Beginner

It seems like this problem is not just for the ss models my LS the remote will not do anything i changed the batteries on both of them and still no help im very disapointed with gm they just don't make em like they use to ....sad to say this is my 3rd chevy impala and probley will be the last......
Old February 6th, 2007, 2:15 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

from what Ive read- theres to be replacement parts for the remote control units.
but this is a relatively small problem- id be more concerned with problems like the 2007 Camry is having. to see what im talking about-
simply checkout Yahoo autos- select toyota camry- and see the reviews by buyers... (forget the reviews by car mags- they only have the cars for a few days- im looking at reviews from people whouse it everyday) Ill take a remote problem over the camry problems.
Old February 8th, 2007, 2:52 PM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: rbarrios

from what Ive read- theres to be replacement parts for the remote control units.
but this is a relatively small problem- id be more concerned with problems like the 2007 Camry is having. to see what im talking about-
simply checkout Yahoo autos- select toyota camry- and see the reviews by buyers... (forget the reviews by car mags- they only have the cars for a few days- im looking at reviews from people whouse it everyday) Ill take a remote problem over the camry problems.
You act is if it's an either or proposition and I assure you it is not. There is no reason to accept the fact that GM and their pals at Delphi have yet again, made an egregious error. I'll take no problems if that's OK with the rest of the GM world.
Old February 9th, 2007, 5:14 AM
art
CF Junior Member

Good response mwilkie40. I paid more for my Impala SS than I did for my first house, so if something is not right I want it fixed. They advertise the remote will work up to 200 feet away and when it does't work at even 30 or 40 feet away they act like you are out of line on insisting they fix it.
I still have not been able to get the dealer to fix it, but will keep trying. The other thing they advertise is 28 mpg and that is a big bunch of lies. How can you trust a car maker when they advertise things, but will not follow thru to make sure the product lives up to the advertisements.
Old February 9th, 2007, 10:40 AM
CF Pro Member

ORIGINAL: mwilkie40

ORIGINAL: rbarrios

You act is if it's an either or proposition and I assure you it is not. There is no reason to accept the fact that GM and their pals at Delphi have yet again, made an egregious error. I'll take no problems if that's OK with the rest of the GM world.
Exactly right.
Who here cares about the Camry.
Old February 9th, 2007, 7:19 PM
CF Beginner

Just to let you know, they now have the parts to fix the remote problem. Tell your dealer to order parts numbers- 25837954 for the antenna, 15912860 for the transmitters (2), and 15946938 for the receiver. They have to replace all three or it won't work. I had mine replaced on January 22, 2007, was there about 2 1/2 hours and it works out to about 300 feet. Been nice in this weather, I walk out the door of my department and start the car in the parking lot across the street. We walked off almost three hundred feet.

Quick Reply: ANY NEW NEWS ON THE REMOTE CONTROL PROBLEM??