Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Remote Start - starts then dies

Search this Thread

Old April 3rd, 2008, 10:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote Start - starts then dies

reference two other posts with the same issue with their Tahoe.
https://chevroletforum.com/m_54117/tm.htm
https://chevroletforum.com/m_16154/tm.htm

In summary, the car will start and stay started until the start button is released. If the button is held long enough, the car will stay on. This happens maybe 1 out of 10 times. And seems to happen on the coldest of days ( 10-15 F in the garage! ).

It seems this is supposedly operator error. I'd like to think that after using the remote start on three different GM vehicles (all work the same) and doing so probably 200++ times, that I know how to operate it correctly. I have made mistakes before, so I won't rule it out here. But I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong with this one vehicle that I don't do with my other cars.
Old April 4th, 2008, 12:14 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Remote Start - starts then dies

ya mine does it every so often on my Malibu as well, seems like on very cold days, but cold here is -30 to -45, it will turn over and just idle dead...I just hit the unlock and lock again and it goes fine......

Are you starting yours int the garage..?...cant see that being very safe for people in the house..?