Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Resto v. Resto-mod

Search this Thread

Old February 8th, 2016, 5:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Resto v. Resto-mod

I've got a 66 Impala 4-door with the original 327, 2-speed automatic. I'd love to keep the car the way it is but I would love to beef her up also. I'm torn.
I don't like to be the first guy to tear up a beautiful car, especially if doing so is going to destroy the value of the car, aesthetically and financially.
Unfortunately, this is my first real classic and I don't have the knowledge to make an educated decision about whether or not to beef up the original engine or pull and store it while using a newer one so I have the option of going back to the original.
Thoughts and suggestions welcome.
Old February 8th, 2016, 8:35 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pictures might help. Any accidents? Rust? How original vs resto required? Do you plan on entering any serious car shows?

As far as investment value, how long do you plan on keeping it? Maybe handing it down to the kids? How much are you going to drive it? What is a perfect one worth today and how much has that increased in the last 5-10 years?