Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Shift interlock confusion 2012 impala ltz

Search this Thread

Old January 11th, 2022, 8:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shift interlock confusion 2012 impala ltz

Hi I've been an impala owner for 3 years now. I got a 2012 ltz about a year and half ago. A few weeks have passed since I was unable to shift out of park randomly while working. I looked up on youtube that I could press the emergency release on the inside of the shift trim panel. However, my model does not have the shiny metal button on the passenger side as commonly displayed. I just used a screw driver to press on a bright plastic latch that releases the shift from park. Currently I have purchased a shift interlock solenoid from advance auto in the form of a long steel piece going through a plastic module. This part is usually for steering wheel mounted shifters which I do not possess. So it is most likely the wrong part. Anybody else have this problem? I am still trying to diagnose what is causing the issue.