Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Sloppy steering '16 Impala

Search this Thread

Old May 15th, 2018, 8:01 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sloppy steering '16 Impala

Hi there, I have a '16 Impala LT with 44k miles on it, lately I have notice my steering has felt sloppy or loose when driving, Also when holding the steering steady for a few seconds while driving then turn the wheel slightly the wheel will stick or slip very slightly. It's more noticeable when driving straight or on long highway curves. Has anyone had this issue? Any ideas or suggestions what could be the problem?
Old May 15th, 2018, 8:09 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

perform a check of the suspension components....ie. loose/worn parts steering linkage, tie rods, balljoints, wheel bearings
Old May 18th, 2018, 2:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did a quick self check by jacking up the front end moving the tires side to side and up and down. Both tires do indeed move side to side, and when the tire moves, the strut turns slightly. I plan on taking it to the shop to have it fully checked.