Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Steering Wheel Controls, cruise and audio, etc

Search this Thread

Old June 28th, 2018, 12:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering Wheel Controls, cruise and audio, etc

Steering Wheel controls stopped working, cruise, audio, and Bluetooth.
Old June 30th, 2018, 11:04 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

make model, year? Not enough info to accurately diagnose this. best way to diagnose it is with a scan tool. you can monitor each button input and tell if the module is receiving the switch input.

If I had to guess....all of these controls pass through the clockspring in the steering column...so if you also have an airbag light on it may all be related.
Old June 30th, 2018, 11:11 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2008 Chevrolet Impala LTZ, 3.9 ltr

Originally Posted by tech2
make model, year? Not enough info to accurately diagnose this. best way to diagnose it is with a scan tool. you can monitor each button input and tell if the module is receiving the switch input.

If I had to guess....all of these controls pass through the clockspring in the steering column...so if you also have an airbag light on it may all be related.
Sorry, I posted this while at work and on the fly. My vehicle is a 2008 Chevrolet Impala LTZ, with a 3.9 ltr engine. I have not seen an airbag light on. Also, scan tool is not throwing a code. I did reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery cable. but I have gone to and from work all week, so I would imagine that a code would of shown by now...I have been considering getting a clock spring, but I wanted to make sure, that is what it is....
Old June 30th, 2018, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

only way to test is with a scan tool or ohm checking the related wiring...which requires a wiring diagram.
Old July 1st, 2018, 4:39 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for help, but it is looking more and more like the SIR Coil or Clock Spring since it is the connector for these controls..