Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

TPMS Valve Stem Snapped

Search this Thread

Old August 26th, 2009, 7:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPMS Valve Stem Snapped

Hello All,

After bringing the Impala to yet another dealer for this issue, they couldn't fix my "Service Tire Monitor System" light because they couldn't get a valve stem cap off. It wasn't even the tire they were supposed to be looking at but anyway...They ended up pinching it on and stripping the cap, then told me it was my problem (not a warranty fix). Won't be going back to that dealer either. I brought it home and snapped the cap off with part of the valve stem inside. Can I just go and get a new valve stem from any tire store or do I need the whole sensor assembly ($80ish on eBay, $150 from dealer). After that's fixed, then I can go somewhere else and have the first problem dealt with! Thanks for any insight!
Old August 26th, 2009, 9:46 PM
CF Monarch

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts

Unfortunatly I did the same thing to a 06 Suburban while I was trying to add air. It broke off just far enough to keep the air from going in. I had to buy the whole sensor assembly.