Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

traction control blues!

Search this Thread

Old September 1st, 2010, 2:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question traction control blues!

I'm try to run down a service traction control problem that is very elusive! I have replaced 2
abs hubs so far & checked the rest. (ohms & mV output in spec) yet the following codes are still there: C1223, C1225, C1227 & C1234. Anyone had a similar problem? Yes they are all on the left side, but I've replaced the LR hub & it still checks a-ok. Removed the air box & closely inspected wire harness & cleaned all connectors. Still, no idea where faults are coming from. Best guesses are well appreciated at this point!

thx,

Dave
Old September 6th, 2010, 12:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face solve my own blues...

Well after close analysis of the fault codes, and the fact I had replaced both hubs on rthe left side.... I tore into the airbox, removed everthing, inspected the harnesses, cleaned all the connectors.... still had codes and problem. Took both connectors apart from the left side ABS hubs and clean them about 5 times with CRC Lectro-motive. Then Di-electric greased the heck out the the sockets the worked them together, then a part, then together.... no more Traction Service light, ABS light & car runs "quick as a bunny" again. I torture tested it with lock to lock turns, lock to lock takeoffs in both forward and reverse. No failures. Went out later on wet pavement in the afternoopn rainstorm and did the same. No more failures, traction control light only comes on in extreme acceleration where a tire accually slipped. If anyone has a similar problem, dont give up, keep cleaning & checking connections. My hubs were new & I still checked the Ohms & mvAC of the sensors just to be sure. (ohm readings of approx 960-1240 ohms at the sensor leads are ok & mvAC output while turning each wheel should get you 150mVac or better be ok. hope this helps!

Dave