VIN Question - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

VIN Question

Old October 11th, 2018, 5:42 PM
CF Beginner

Default VIN Question

What set of numbers/letters in the VIN would indicate a Super Sport?
Old October 11th, 2018, 8:08 PM
CF Monarch

the vin will indicate a body style like c/k truck wbody or jbody but this is no set trim character to my knowledge. modern w body ss version will have a specific engine code as the ss have the v8 engine. engine code is the eighth character.
Old October 14th, 2018, 12:37 AM
CF Beginner

I believe that you are looking for the platform (4th digit) and the platform series (5th digit).. If you are referring to an Impala SS it's a bit sketchy because my lists show three different series numbers for the Impala but only one designation as a LS..

Impalas and Monte Carlos are both W platform.. ( 4th & 5th) WB - Impala and Buick Regal LS; WF - Impala and Regal GS; WH - Impala LS; WW - Monte Carlo LS; WX - Monte Carlo SS

I know that isn't exactly what you asked for but maybe it is enough to get you headed in the right direction for finding your answer.
Old October 14th, 2018, 11:15 AM
CF Senior Member

What about rpo codes in glove box?some code there should show a performance part

Search this Thread
Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: