Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Window Switch - Master

Search this Thread

Old November 21st, 2009 | 2:11 PM
CF Beginner

Default Window Switch - Master

I am looking for a diagram of the power window system. I have a 02 Impala and the windows will not work. The master switch will buzz if you push down on the driver window and will do nothing at all if you push up on the driver window or up / down on any other window. As well none of the other window controls work.

I have replaced every regular fuse in the fuse panel and I have replaced the switch twice. Both replacements were new, I took the first one back for another replacement when it did the same thing as my original. Now I am to the point of checking voltages at the switch and also want to see if the diagram shows any relay's or such. I know in the fuse panel there were a few ckt breakers and relays but I couldn't tell if they were related to the window system.
Old November 23rd, 2009 | 7:28 PM
CF Beginner

Any one with the electrical diagram for the power windows?
Old November 23rd, 2009 | 8:04 PM
Impala Super Moderator

Try a Haynes Manual
Old November 24th, 2009 | 6:54 PM
Banned

Old November 24th, 2009 | 7:31 PM
CF Beginner

Excellent, thank you very much.
Old May 14th, 2011 | 11:10 AM
CF Beginner

Default power window problems

I have the exact same problem, how did you solve your window problem??
Old March 7th, 2012 | 1:34 PM
CF Beginner

SOLVED - I have been dealing with this problem for months now. None of my windows worked, and when pressing down on the drivers side down switch, you get a buzzing noise that comes directly from the master switch panel. This problem is caused by a bad ground. If you remove the door panel, follow the wiring from the window switch. Roughly 10 inches out from the switches there is a junction where grounds from the windows meet up. From here you can either trace the ground to fix it, or as I did with my problem, run a new ground to this whole junction. My windows have been working properly for over a week now. Hope this helps someone. (I know it drove me CRAZY trying to solve this one on my own!)
Old March 11th, 2012 | 6:43 PM
CF Beginner

Unhappy Ground wire question

Paul,

your the first person that actually sounds like they experienced the problem and solved it. When you ran the new ground wire, did you hook it some were in the door or feed it through the wiring harness and connect it to the car body somewhere? Thanks for your help!! I have been trying to solve this for several months now.
Old March 26th, 2012 | 9:15 AM
CF Beginner

Default Problem Fixed

Well, I ran a new ground wire feeding it back through the wiring harness to and connecting it to the chassis of the car. This worked GREAT! My problem is solved and did not cost me a dime!!! Thanks to this forum for helping solve a frustrating problem.
Old October 8th, 2013 | 3:26 PM
CF Beginner

Question

i am having the same problem...what color is the ground wire

Quick Reply: Window Switch - Master