Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Window/Wiring problems!?!?! HELP!

Search this Thread

Old April 9th, 2011, 2:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window/Wiring problems!?!?! HELP!

Recently my driver side window has stopped working. It has worked fine for a very long time and then one day it was going really slow so I had to tap the button to go up or down. The next day it wouldn't work at all. Ironically all of the buttons on my driver side that control the other windows, work fine. Does anyone know what might be wrong? I'm completely clueless. Also, both front (stock) speakers occasionally make a "popping" sound. I thought maybe two and two go together.
Old April 10th, 2011, 8:18 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the forum. The switch is obviously getting power and thus the problem is within the switch, driver side window motor, or the wiring between. Unless there has been some body work done on the door, the window motor is the usual culprit. The noise from the speakers are probably a problem with the radio or amplifier if yours has one.