Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Wiring cigarette lighter help

Search this Thread

Old April 26th, 2020, 8:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring cigarette lighter help

I have an 07 impala and for whatever reason a previous owner cut the wire powering the cigarette lighter/power outlets. I have searched all over under the dash and cant find any trace of the power supply wire, however the wiring to the outlets is complete from the console back and in good shape. I just want to run new power wire from the battery through the firewall to power the outlets again but I'm not overly confident when it comes to automotive electrical work. Can anyone tell me what gauge wire and what amp inline fuse I need to use to be safe? I don't really want to tap into any existing wires because I know many of the systems are pretty voltage sensitive so that's why I figured just run a new hot wire and not jeopardize anything else. I think this car was a government car of some kind previously as it has several holes in the dash and console for what appear to be radio mounts and it has a fire extinguisher mount in the trunk as well. I'm assuming they cut the power ports and used it to power other equipment but who knows. I just want to be able to charge my phones...

I'm plenty mechanically inclined, I can build engines all day long but I'd rather defer to someone with the actual knowledge when it comes to electronics rather than short something out and burn the car down because I was too dumb to ask for help....thanks in advance for any help or input