Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Help wiring please! OBDII & DLC Automate AM14

Search this Thread

Old April 26th, 2008, 8:30 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Help wiring please! OBDII & DLC Automate AM14

Ok,
I am posting this question in the Tahoe section since they only members that I know of that have installed the Automate AM14 are all Tahoe owners. I have read though the two threads on this as well.

FIrst, I am not very electronically inclined. With that said I am trying to install the Automate Am14. It says to take the violet wire to the OBDII Pin 1. Then I need to connect to a Constant 12v Power and then a negative wire. I know jlenkows said he took the power and ground to the DLC wires 4 and 16. Is he referring to the DLC as the same thing as the OBDII?

Just to get this clear is this the same plug, DLC and OBDII? The one right under the steering wheel where the Superchips plugs in? Sorry if the questions are ignorant, I just want to do this right.

If someone has other or easier ideas where to run the power and ground that would be great. Thanks in advance.
Old April 26th, 2008, 8:34 AM
CF Monarch

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Help wiring please! OBDII & DLC Automate AM14

I'm almost be certain that the diagnotsic plug is the only input inside the vehicle.
Old April 26th, 2008, 9:09 AM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

biglg....you have a NBS silverado right? I don't suggest you go to the DLC(OBDII, I belive they are talkking about the same thing) for power and ground. If you blow the cigarette lighter fuse, you lose power at the DLC. If you pop the small access panel off the left side of the dash, I belive there is power and ground right there for you to use. If its not on the outside of the junction block, 2 tabs to pull it out, and I know they are on the backside.

Old April 26th, 2008, 9:23 AM
CF Addict

I have an 07 tahoe and NBS silverado for the time being.

Ok, I will go check it out. Let you know what happens, . Thanks.
Old April 26th, 2008, 11:04 AM
CF Addict

I got it! Thanks guys! Works with no problems.
Old November 5th, 2014, 2:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wire DLC to Constant Power

Working on an '04 Silverado 2wd extended cab.

My wires for the Cig Lighter a pretty well melted and I need to get my diagnostic working. From what I have read it seems like I can just rewire the DLC (OBD2) into a constant power outlet close by. I have found some people talking about the Mid BEC. Any advice on doing this, explained for a child.

I don't exactly know what I am doing, but need to get this done. If there is an easier way to do it, I would be open ears.
Old November 7th, 2014, 10:51 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by BillLarryous
Working on an '04 Silverado 2wd extended cab.

My wires for the Cig Lighter a pretty well melted and I need to get my diagnostic working. From what I have read it seems like I can just rewire the DLC (OBD2) into a constant power outlet close by. I have found some people talking about the Mid BEC. Any advice on doing this, explained for a child.

I don't exactly know what I am doing, but need to get this done. If there is an easier way to do it, I would be open ears.
Welcome to the forum...
I'd try to remove the 12v outlets from the circuit and that should clear the short unless its somewhere further down the line... the outlets should have a connection to the main harness somewhere along the line...