K5 Blazer 1969-1994
While this model ended its run, it is not uncommon to see them on the road or off, years after production end.
Platform: Truck, GMT 400

1976 k Blazer starting my first rebuild

Search this Thread

Old August 4th, 2017, 4:38 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1976 k Blazer starting my first rebuild

reason I'm rebuilding is at idle it ran great applying throttle it would back fire hard disassembled block already timing was good valves didn't look bad, only thing weird was piston 1 and 6 where really clean indication a small head gasket failure but it wasn't noticeable while it ran, at a loss as to why it back fired,
Old August 6th, 2017, 7:01 AM
CF Junior Member

Check the ignition parts under the distributor cap for signs of a damaged wire, if it has an 'ignition module' it may need replacement. Did you check the ignition timing? Are the plug wires in good condition?
Old August 7th, 2017, 5:07 PM
CF Beginner

The distributor was practically brand new now I'm going to focus on rebuilding it getting the head checked and resurfaced and the block resurfaced as well, i would like to do all new pistons but since I'm jobless and going to school full time I'm having to settle for just ring's and new seals and get it running with the stock cam
Old August 7th, 2017, 5:15 PM
CF Beginner

Old January 11th, 2018, 1:55 AM
CF Beginner

looks fun started mine a few months ago not getting far dealing with a backfiore at all engine speeds no carb fire though thinking valve issue