K5 Blazer 1969-1994
While this model ended its run, it is not uncommon to see them on the road or off, years after production end.
Platform: Truck, GMT 400

Newbie saying hi and looking forward to some great insight!!!

Search this Thread

Old February 25th, 2013, 10:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie saying hi and looking forward to some great insight!!!

Howdy!
Well, I'm newhere and wanted to say thank you in advance and howdy to everyone out there. (I was born an Aggie and that's how we say hello, lol)
I'm not a mechanic by trade or even a great shadtree. I have basic knowledge of mechanics but usually have to turn to my diesel tech buddy for the extensive work to help. Had an 81 when I was 17-19 and it fell to the wayside. Now I have an 87 tbi and this fuel injection stuff is all new to me!!!
It's not in the greatest shape but is better than some I've seen around and i use as an everyday driver to and from work. (My 5 year old daughter loves that I drop her off at school in it, win!!!)
It's turned into our slow project and due to $$ it won't be done anytime in the very near future but shoting for 3-5 years. Ridiculous, i know.. But I wanna make sure it's done right!
I have a couple issues I need help with and one would be, if anyone knows where to find a "new" hardtop, help would be much appreciated. Or if anyone knows how hard it would be to get the current on gel coated, that'd be a great thing for me! Lol
I have a dying issue with this thing too that we've been tryin to figure out and have had no luck yet.
Any help would be greatly appreciated and i look forward to talking with you guys or gals in the future!
Thanks!!!