Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

07 Malibu Turn Signal Switch not cancelling after steering wheel rotates back!

Search this Thread

Old October 25th, 2014, 8:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Malibu Turn Signal Switch not cancelling after steering wheel rotates back!

Hey guys,
I recently had some problems with my turn signal switch in my car, which is listed here:

1. The turn signal would not click down to turn on the left turn signal if the steering wheel was turned left a tiny bit.
2. The turn signal switch would click up to turn on the right blinker at any position of the steering wheel.
3. No matter which blinker was being used (left or right) it would never click back off after the steering wheel aligned straight, I had to manually turn off the turn signal switch.

So, I removed the turn signal switch, unscrewed the base of the unit, and check to see if the band/spring inside was still intact, which it was. There was a broken white piece of plastic inside of it though. So, I went and got a replacement turn signal switch at Pull-A-Part and hooked it up. Now, it clicks into place for either blinker used, but will not un-click and shut off when I rotate back the steering wheel. Now the part I got from Pull-A-Part is from a 2004 Malibu, and mine is a 2007, so the turn signal switch wasn't too different.

Is there anything I can do to fix this??? I'm tired of my blinkers not turning off automatically like they should. Thanks for any and all help.

I have a 2007 Chevy Malibu LT 2.2L