Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

13 Malibu electrical safety issue HELP

Search this Thread

Old June 6th, 2017, 7:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 13 Malibu electrical safety issue HELP

My wife was driving to work tonight and said her dashboard just went completely blank then died when she would stop at a light. It happened once before, but started right back up. I am concerned for her safety and will not be letting her drive it until I go to the dealership tomorrow. God forbid my children ride in this car. I have 2 chevy's and if this isn't fixed under warranty, I will get rid of them both!!! This is a huge issue and from what I have read online, this needs to be addressed in the form of a recall. Has anyone discovered what the problem is?
Old August 6th, 2017, 10:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know what you mean, Carl.

Last 3 weeks or so, after we back out of driveway, head down street, sometimes the dashboard lights go off (not radio screen), for about 3-5 seconds, then come back on like when you 1st turn car on. Sometimes it happens once, sometimes 2-4 times as we're going down the road, less than 35 mph. It also has happened when leaving a parking lot. But it doesn't happen every day.

Ok Chevy, any ideas or solutions?