Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

17 Malibu Wheel Size Issue...?

Search this Thread

Old January 8th, 2018, 2:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 17 Malibu Wheel Size Issue...?

Hey everyone,
New to the forum and quite frankly new to Chevrolet (as an owner.) Recently purchased a 2017 Malibu LS and I love it. As I am sure most of you know the LS doesn't come with too many bells and whistles which I don't mind however the OEM wheels are horrendous (205/65/16) I want to purchase a set of used premier wheels (OEM) for the same model year (245/40/19) but want to make sure the TPMS sensors will be compatible and also the difference in wheel and tire size (less than 1% difference between the 16" and 19" rolling diameter) wont throw any codes correct? I know these wheels are an option for my car so I doubt there would be any issues but was hoping someone could confirm that. -?-

I look forward to helping with anything I can in the forum. Also a good side piece is that I currently work at a Chevrolet Dealership in sales and biz development. If I can help anyone in anyway in this fashion please let me know. Oddly enough no one at my dealership can answer my question directly haha.
Old February 3rd, 2018, 7:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chevrolet equips the 2017 Malibu LS with more than one stock tire size.
205/65R16
245/45R18
245/40R19
Any of these will use same TPMS sensors and will not change calibration of speedometer.