Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

2.0T Malibu is a sleeper

Search this Thread

Old October 17th, 2016, 6:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.0T Malibu is a sleeper

My '16 Malibu LT2 2.0T auto was broken in so I went head to head against my '15 Camaro LS 3.6l manual on 1200' run on a new vacant road in the development. First with me driving the Malibu and then another run where we reversed drivers. The Malibu smoked the Camaro by at least a car length on both runs. An auto Camaro would probably do better because Camaro's Aisin 6 spd. manual has a long throw, weak return spring, vague gear selection and mushy hydraulic clutch which hinders fast, reliable shifts. I had purchased the Camaro as a sports car and the Malibu as a "grocery getter", but this has made me rethink the issue.

Tired of driving a Camaro with rally stripes, spoiler and splitter making it essentially a "cop magnet" with every Trooper and County Mountie following me running the plates and just waiting for me to exceed the speed limit, plus it rides like stone. Now no LEO looks twice at the Malibu, let alone follow me for 10 miles..........Malibu, more fun with less aggravation!