Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

2002 Malibu Seat Height

Search this Thread

Old November 13th, 2020, 12:04 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Malibu Seat Height

Howdy, everyone

Last week I picked up a 2002 Chevrolet Malibu LS; and I'm looking for some advice on modifying the driver seat's height.

I'm a tall person (6'3") and my head brushes up against the roof of the car no matter how I position the seat. The sunroof is part of the problem, the headliner sits much lower than it did in the non-LS Malibu I had years ago. I checked to make sure the seat's power adjust is lowering the seat all the way, and it is.

Looking at the mounting arrangement, there's a set of hooks at the front of the adjuster racks that fit into 2 slots on the floor. These hooks sit below the rack and hold the seat up pretty high, leaving a lot of room between the seats motors and the floor, even when the seat is in the lowest position. Has anyone had luck repositioning the hooks so the front of the seat isn't up so high?

Alternatively, if someone knows of a seat from another car that would fit and sit lower, I'd be willing to swap things out. I don't need a lot of extra room, 1 extra inch of headroom is more than enough to make me happy.