Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

2005 malibu ls power lock issue

Search this Thread

Old January 10th, 2011, 7:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 malibu ls power lock issue

Hey I just joined this forum today for my mom. She has an '05 malibu LS and the power locks are acting strange. On the driver's side, you have to push the button about three times for the door to lock, but unlocking works normally. On the passenger side the door will lock just fine, but will not unlock at all with the button. I also noticed when I turn the car off and start pressing the lock button on the driver's side, the little like with the picture of a lock and the car together on the dash blinks and chimes until it finally locks. Someone told me that it could be the battery going but I dunno about that since it starts perfectly and there are no other electrical issues. I looked around thru the haynes manual and maybe a circuit breaker or a relay?

Oh, also the car has a remote start installed (I guess like 3 years ago). Also forgot to mention that with the car running, when I try to lock the car from drivers side, they go down and pop right back up, even if i hold the button down, probly useful information...

Last edited by setpoints; January 11th, 2011 at 2:45 PM. Reason: update