Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

2005 Malibu Problems...what could this be???!!?

Search this Thread

Old June 4th, 2008, 8:15 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Malibu Problems...what could this be???!!?

I have 2005 Chevy Malibu and within the 3yrs that i've had it there have been repeating problems such as..... Knocking in the steering (which the dealer says they've replaced 2x's and my service ticket says they have with a shaft kit??), the radio had crapped out twice as well and each time the dealer says its the part that goes bad (odd), then the icing on the cake that is my problems my parking lights,headlights,taillights,turnsignals, have all gone out and been replaced at least 2x's in 3 yrs and everytime they tell its the bulbs!!! now to boot last week i had this happen and 3 of my lights dissappeared every other day one would drop off, and again they said it was the bulbs. 3 days later i pull up to a 7-11 and my right headlight is now out and the Orange part that surrounds my parking light had burned and melted onto the parking light....and the parking light still worked but left a burn mark on my headlamp. of course the dealer claims AGAIN that its the bulb! Is this possible?? I find it extremely hard to believe that a car can have every bulb be replaced multiple times within 3 yrs and everytime its the bulb? and its not like 1 bulb is going at a time several bulbs go within a few days!! My warranty doesn't cover the bulbs or the headlamp itself and of course being the dealer isn't willing to take any responsibility for their technicians actions and not doing his job right the first time i've had to involve General Motors themselves b/c i feel as though i'm be unjustly treated and that the dealer should pay for any and all repairs being they didn't do the proper testing when i brought it in 3 days earlier and the bulb that melted was 1 of the bulbs their tech. replaced that day!?!?! so what the french dressing? am i nuts? I think its something electrical?! I told them that i thought it was that and they said no its the bulbs. I took auto shop in high school and worked for a car dealer for 5 years and i can honestly say i've never seen a car thats bulbs blow that often and multiple times at that! please someone anyone confirm that i'm not crazy! that these people are seriously trying to get away with not doing the proper testing! The service advisor told the day i picked up my car that the tech. would have to replace the bulbs in order to find out where the problem was coming from. So what their tech replaced the bulbs and when they came on he just said der okay....cause i mean 3 days after he touches my car i shouldn't have a problem had he done it right the first time....right?!any and all info or thoughts are greatly appreciated...i feel as though i'm going BONKERS!!!!! and i've been nice as pie this whole time ugh! i just don't understand