Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

2006 Malibu Power Window Issue

Search this Thread

Old November 11th, 2013, 1:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Malibu Power Window Issue

Hello and good day everyone,

I'm having an issue with the power windows in my 06 Malibu and was wondering if anyone may have seen this problem before. I'm trying to do some research before I start feeding a mechanics pockets lol.

I was driving a while ago, all windows down, I get a phone call, roll the windows up, and then after the call the windows wouldn't come back down again.

I automatically assumed it was a fuse, so I went to napa and got a fuse and replaced it (interior passenger side fuse box). This didn't fix the issue. This time I tried all the windows from their own control(Something a smart person would have initially done) and the passenger works. I then put the old fuse in and still, the passenger works. So now I know it's not a fuse issue. I think it's the diver control, but wouldn't the rear windows still work from their own control?

Does anyone have a clue?

Thanks,
Old November 11th, 2013, 10:10 PM
CF Junior Member

I would say its the driver master switch too. I believe the rear windows get power or ground from the master switch but I'll have to check a schematic tomorrow and get back to you.
Old November 12th, 2013, 3:51 PM
CF Beginner

Also make sure you didnt activate the child lock switch by mistake! This switch sits right bellow the window switches on the driver master switch.

When activated this switch will block power to the switches on the rear windows dissabling children from continually rolling up and down the windows
Old November 12th, 2013, 8:51 PM
CF Junior Member

Yeah the rear windows get the up down switch logic from the driver master switch.
Old November 14th, 2013, 9:40 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Ed_Strong
Also make sure you didnt activate the child lock switch by mistake! This switch sits right bellow the window switches on the driver master switch.

When activated this switch will block power to the switches on the rear windows dissabling children from continually rolling up and down the windows
It's funny you mention that, I'm pretty sure my window lock button hasn't worked in a long time, which was probably a sign that the whole switch was going to go lol

Originally Posted by Tech
Yeah the rear windows get the up down switch logic from the driver master switch.
Great thanks for taking the time to look into this, i'm gonna search amazon and ebay for a switch today.
Old December 1st, 2013, 8:17 PM
CF Beginner

Lenny I would check here http://www.switchdoctor.net/chevrole...window-switch/ lifetime warranty on the aftermarket switch 30 day return policy

Last edited by Switch Doctor; January 12th, 2014 at 9:24 AM.