Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

2008 Malibu- No crank, No start Help please. (not battery)

Search this Thread

Old July 7th, 2016, 9:06 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Malibu- No crank, No start Help please. (not battery)

I have an 08 malibu and I recently went to start my car to leave from work and it would not crank nor start. I checked all the fuses and they appear to be in good order. the battery is supplying power to everything as well. After checking the relays under the hood I Noticed that the run relay was clicking when i had the key turned over so that relay was fine. But for some reason I am not getting power to the start relay. when i manually engage the start relay it will crank just fine but will not start. I tested for voltage at the ign fuse under the hood and I have voltage their. Now is this fuse located after the neutral safety switch? I have not yet checked for power at the switch but if it were the switch or a fuse, it would still start the car if i manually engage the start relay instead of just continually turning over like it is doing? What would the next thing i would check be? The antilock light is not lit up on the dashboard so i didnt know if it could still be that or trouble with my bcm or pcm? need advice thank you!