Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

2011 Malibu Water Accumulation

Search this Thread

Old July 20th, 2013, 9:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Malibu Water Accumulation

I have had my malibu for a little over a year. Recently, I discovered an odor in the car that wouldn't go away. When i opened up my back door this morning, i found water on the floor. After investigating a little more, i lifted the front carpet and found lots of water underneath. I have researched some of the common issues and looks like everyone has had problems with the evaporator. The car has warranty and want to know if this is covered under the warranty. I took out the front seat and lifted the rear carpet to find more water underneath. I will not reinstall the front carpet until it dries out since i am afraid mold is already appearing in the front. I would like to know what is covered under the warranty and if the carpet will be replaced.
Attached Thumbnails 2011 Malibu Water Accumulation-photo.jpg   2011 Malibu Water Accumulation-photo-1-.jpg  
Old July 22nd, 2013, 3:20 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by jhn915
I have had my malibu for a little over a year. Recently, I discovered an odor in the car that wouldn't go away. When i opened up my back door this morning, i found water on the floor. After investigating a little more, i lifted the front carpet and found lots of water underneath. I have researched some of the common issues and looks like everyone has had problems with the evaporator. The car has warranty and want to know if this is covered under the warranty. I took out the front seat and lifted the rear carpet to find more water underneath. I will not reinstall the front carpet until it dries out since i am afraid mold is already appearing in the front. I would like to know what is covered under the warranty and if the carpet will be replaced.
jhn915,

If you are still below the 36k mileage parameters, this issue should be covered under warranty if deemed a defect. Please check with your dealership for additional details.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care