Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

2012 malibu fan issues

Old October 29th, 2015, 8:48 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 malibu fan issues

So I got this car last year 2nd owner
I had a 2013 chevy sonic brand new it was just too small.
2012 chevy malibu v6 LTZ2 43,000miles
Heres my issues....
Since having with this car I have notice the the fan was really loud and it wouldnt cut off for a few mins after the car shut off.... Beginning of the summer it started acting like it was going to overheat. ( I'm a 32 year old mechanic daughter I'm not an idiot when it comes to cars) so I notice on the panel gauges and turn off ac fan etc got it home made appt at dealership(it never overheated) they replace thermostat.
A week before that I got a check engine light took to the dealer told me it would cost me close to $300 for them to keep it for the day and find the problem.... Im sorry but we are a middle income family with no saving I just cant hand over that kind of money for a maybe search.... They reset the computer and it never came back on.

So yesterday in the Car Pool line I notice the fan was getting louder inside the car
This morning the fan dont work at all..
Ac on / off dont matter....

Oh and when I turn the steering wheel it sound like it needs power steering fluid but I check its full.

I had other problems like losing power and the gauges drop out to nothing in the middle of driving down the highway. But thats been fix with the recall.

My question is since we just replace the thermostat a few months ago now the fan is out... Is this common? Or is there a bigger problem maybe? Like I said I can afford to have the dealership check it out for the day or even to rent a car for the day....

Search this Thread