Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

2016 Chevy Malibu LT check engine light

Search this Thread

Old June 18th, 2019, 7:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 Chevy Malibu LT check engine light

Hello guys,

i recently bought a 2016 Malibu LT, car drives perfect. Nothing wrong with it what so ever, the auto stop does not work and I know this is an annoying feature these newer cars may have. But recently I got my battery swapped and now my check engine light is on.

Scanned it it at home and came back with a code of U01B0 code. No description.... take it to auto zone. They pull same code. No description again. I am having my brother bring home a newer high tech scanner from work which will pull codes what it is and possible fixes.

This vehicle only has 7,200 miles on it and still within the power train warranty until 2021. I am not sure about bumper to bumper as this marks the 3rd year. If anyone knows what the code is that will help!

thanks!
Old June 19th, 2019, 12:08 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikey Pannette
Hello guys,

i recently bought a 2016 Malibu LT, car drives perfect. Nothing wrong with it what so ever, the auto stop does not work and I know this is an annoying feature these newer cars may have. But recently I got my battery swapped and now my check engine light is on.

Scanned it it at home and came back with a code of U01B0 code. No description.... take it to auto zone. They pull same code. No description again. I am having my brother bring home a newer high tech scanner from work which will pull codes what it is and possible fixes.

This vehicle only has 7,200 miles on it and still within the power train warranty until 2021. I am not sure about bumper to bumper as this marks the 3rd year. If anyone knows what the code is that will help!

thanks!
Could not find it either. It night be a powertrain code, but I dont know yet. Let the dealer sort it out.
Old June 19th, 2019, 12:15 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by oilcanhenry
Could not find it either. It night be a powertrain code, but I dont know yet. Let the dealer sort it out.

That’s what I will be doing have them sort it out, just wanted to know before hand. Thanks.
Old June 21st, 2019, 9:04 PM
CF Beginner

I work at a Chevrolet dealership, maybe I can help? U codes are module communication codes. Your Auto stop is disabled because of the CEL. What's the last 8 of the VIN?