Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

2018 LS Constant Issues

Search this Thread

Old September 18th, 2022, 8:31 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2018 LS Constant Issues

Hello, I was wondering if somebody might be able to give us an idea what is going on with our 19th generation 2018 Malibu LS with a one. 5 L turbo charge didn’t Jen. Just dropped it off to the dealership for the third time this year for almost exact same problem. ever since we bought it in January 2018 brand new it has given us a bunch of problems. In fact the car still only has 32,900 miles on it. It has been maintained by the dealership every service.

The problem is, it seems to keep having as it keeps going, and either limp mode or one of the newest problems is the actual gauge cluster turns off or traction control. Turns off work the steering system power down. Yesterday when I dropped it off, it’s because I put the pedal to the floor and it was barely accelerating enough to get it to the dealership. In fact, just trying to pull it into their drop off garage open, inclined to prevent them from having water run in. It was struggling quite bad. And then somethings also going on with the ABS because I was gently touching the brakes to slow down and all of a sudden it locked up all the wheels.

Every time they service it, they said they can’t get it to repeat it. To the point that I’ve gotten to recording videos of the stuff it’s doing. And the fact before I turn the car off, I have them plug-in, a scanner at the dealership. And it did pop up something about a voltage irregularity to the transmission module. So we get a lot of voltage irregularity codes on that car. Really not sure what we need to do. But they keep making us pay every time we service it and we’ve had to finance having services done several times because of the cost. And it isn’t as easy as just trading out of it since it’s got a little damage from the tornado throwing some shopping carts into it. Even in the sellers market right now they’re only offering 12,000 for it, and we owe over 20,000.

So I thought I’d turn to this form and see if anyone else was having any kind of similar problems. And if so, what should arise have them take a look at?

Thanks in Advanced.