Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

Aftermarket parts help please

Search this Thread

Old June 5th, 2007, 2:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket parts help please

I have an '06 Chevy Malibu LT sedan with the 3.5L V6. Does anyone know where I can get
performance / aftermarket parts for it? I can hardly find anything. There is so many things I want to do to this car.
[align=left] [/align]
Old June 6th, 2007, 10:03 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Aftermarket parts help please

what would you like to do......not much to do to a 3.5....and sorry there are not many things available for it and prolly wont be, GM is losing the 3.5 and 3.9 in favor of the 3.6.....
Old June 14th, 2007, 10:18 AM
CF Beginner

I'm having this same problem, I just wanted a cold air intake for my '01 Malibu, and the only ones I can find are $200 Ebay ones, and the seller doesn't know how to spell right.. which makes me nervous[:'(]
Old June 18th, 2007, 10:06 PM
CF Pro Member

your 01 should have something, if it si a 3.4same engine was used in the Imapala and Malibu, Grand Am, Grand AM GT, Grand Prix, etc...if its 3.1 thn maybe harder...try cross reference cars with same engine,...for example the G6 GT uses the 3.9 and you CAN get a CAI for that it will fit the malibu
Old July 1st, 2007, 1:08 PM
CF Beginner

I have the 3.1 unfortunately...
Old July 3rd, 2007, 12:31 AM
CF Beginner

It sucks, i want to do stuff to my 05 as well, im thinking a custom exhaust built by a shop here for $160, new 17in wheels that are good and not ricey, SS would be good, cone filter intake, and thats about as good as it gets
Old July 4th, 2007, 10:42 AM
CF Pro Member

if you have the $$$$ do a remote turbo....something I looked into, but little to much $$ for me....
Old July 5th, 2007, 1:07 AM
CF Beginner

There is so many things I want to do to this car.

[:-][:-][:-]O!!! It's a 2006 car!!! it's still new!!

Old December 31st, 2007, 8:37 PM
CF Beginner

I am basically looking for anything that will increase my horsepower and acceleration. A nice sounding exhaust system would also be a plus.(As long as it doesn't sound like a POS civic.)
I want my Malibu to be a car that people think has nothing until I blow it on them. Don't get me wrong, it has ***** already, with the stock 200hp, but I want more.

Axe9, if you just replace the stock air box with a K&N cone filter, it will give you a noticeable difference in power. It may not be as good as a complete cold air intake, but at least it's something. My brother did that to his 97 Malibu with the 3.1 and there was a noticeable difference.
[align=left] [/align]
Old January 7th, 2008, 10:54 PM
CF Beginner

is there any hope for a malibu ls? its a 2007, bought it in sept so its a few months old and driving a 4 cyl. when your 19 isnt really fun. i just want somethnig with a lil bit more punch and was wondering if anything can be done to the motor to give it some kick. not looking to rice it out or make it a race car, just some minor things that are do-able that will increase performance