Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

Chevy Malibu 2003. Many Many Problems

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2012, 1:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chevy Malibu 2003. Many Many Problems

Hello, I don't know how to explain what the problems are with the car, and I'll probally sound a bit redundant and childish how I explain the issue's I'm having with the car but It's the only way I really know how to explain them. So please bare with me.

Well the car was bought over a year ago, 2011 I believe and it ran well for the first couple of months. Then my sister started seeing issues with it, bought a new car and just left the car in our driveway for about 3 months. So now I drive this car. First the car had nothing wrong, or it appeared so. It had something wrong underneath the car that made it vibrate as if the car was in the middle of a earthquake. It had something to do with the alignment. That was fixed. But there was also a problem with the fuel pump. The Fuel pump was replaced with a new one.
Now I'm driving for about another 2 weeks and the car starts to die on me. I couldn't get from one block to the other without it dying on me. So we take it back to the car repair man. He again gets a new fuel pump and replaces it.
So now this is where I am at. Today, the car died twice on my way to school. And maybe 4 or 5 times coming home from school. My friend recommended that I turn of the lights and radio to see if that was affecting it. It didn't die.
Okay, so what I'm asking is what do you think is wrong. The car will turn on, then die. It either starts fine then dies or won't start. It makes a repeating noise like "KA KA KA AKA AK KA" and I have to stop and try again. Now the car is already running without A/C on the count that there is something wrong that.

I Know the descriptions of my problem are very vague but I really don't know the parts or how to describe them. If anyone even remotely knows whats wrong could offer some advice it would be greatly appreciated.
Old May 8th, 2012, 6:16 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the forum. There're too many things that can cause what you're describing. Unfortunately this shop you keep going back to has a part changer for a mechanic. Consider finding another shop with staff that actually know what they're doing.
Old May 9th, 2012, 9:48 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Role Chapa,

Would you please PM me the vehicle VIN number so I can look into this further for you?

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service