Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

Did my hubby cause damage to engine?

Search this Thread

Old September 24th, 2008, 6:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did my hubby cause damage to engine?

Hi! Sorry to bother you but...my husband was driving my 2004 Chevy Classic, we were at a standstill & when he accelerated, he revved it into the red on the tachometer (a tidge after 6). Should I be worried about the engine? Is there any way to check (through a mechanic or myself) if he did cause any damage?
Thankyou,
tiggerangel
Old September 25th, 2008, 2:49 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Did my hubby cause damage to engine?

If there is no noise in the engine, then you should be fine. If any damage was caused, there would be an immediate knocking. If you have never driven the truck hard for a long time, then hit it real hard one day, you can do damage due to the engine being babied for so long. I have seen it before when grandma loaned her car to her grandson and he drove the crap out of it.
Old September 29th, 2008, 1:58 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Did my hubby cause damage to engine?

Thank you shawnvw for your reply. I realize it is a girlie question, & I appreciate you taking time out to give me your feedback. Funny though...my husband's name is Shawn. Also, very interesting about being TOO careful with a car. Never heard of that before, but I guess it does kinda make sense...kind of like breaking shoes in.-sorry, I have to relate "boy" things to "girl" things.