Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

Electric assist power steering?

Search this Thread

Old December 9th, 2013, 2:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Problem in electric power steering

hi friends
I am having beat disel LT model.I am using it from last 20months20000km running,one month ago first time it troubled me.I was driving my beat and after 80km driving suddenly I felt my steering locked while driving,I was at controlled speed and there was space to stop on the side of road.The car stoped engine switched off,I thought may be it is due to non replacement of engine oil after 10000km .it showed an error indicator of power steering mechanism.then I waited for few minutes and tried to start but it does not started.there was no nearby cheverolet service center neareby,but after 10 minutes I again tried to start and it started as useual,shown no problem.then I drove very slowly my remainig journey.after reaching the destination I showed my car to loacal mechanic he changed the oil,and scanned the beat and told me no problem at all,then I relied on him and used my car for local running occasionally showed no problem.then 2 days ago I went to same destination with my beat and troubled me same problem"electric power steering problem"and restart problem but after 15-20 minutes it can be start as "nothing happened"
I contacted to chevorolet helpline and talked to technician he told me to drop the car at service center and when I asked again and again he told me the problem can be in its "power steering relay"
But I do not want to go to company service center as they charge much high for any small problem also
can anybody give exact solution where is the problem?