Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

Electrical Issues

Search this Thread

Old March 30th, 2020 | 3:36 PM
CF Beginner

Default Electrical Issues

I have a 2006 Malibu. Used remote start and my starter started smoking. Replaced the stater now the car blows the 30 amp starter fuse when I turn the key and will not start. Jumped the starter with a manual trigger and the car starts fine, but the battery light illuminates and the voltage does not go up at the battery while the engine is running. Not sure why the alternator will not charge the battery. Can not find any other blown fuses other than the 30 amp starter fuse. Replaced the alternator and same issue. The fusible link to the alternator ohms out fine. "Cannot start the vehicle without the 30 amp fuse blowing and cannot get the battery light to go off while the engine is running". Cannot find any shorts visually. Already replaced starter,starter relay, 30 amp starer fuse, alternator and positive battery cable. Any Ideas? Is there a fuse I am missing or a possible short with the remote starter?
Old March 30th, 2020 | 3:50 PM
CF Monarch

Originally Posted by drpib
I have a 2006 Malibu. Used remote start and my starter started smoking. Replaced the stater now the car blows the 30 amp starter fuse when I turn the key and will not start. Jumped the starter with a manual trigger and the car starts fine, but the battery light illuminates and the voltage does not go up at the battery while the engine is running. Not sure why the alternator will not charge the battery. Can not find any other blown fuses other than the 30 amp starter fuse. Replaced the alternator and same issue. The fusible link to the alternator ohms out fine. "Cannot start the vehicle without the 30 amp fuse blowing and cannot get the battery light to go off while the engine is running". Cannot find any shorts visually. Already replaced starter,starter relay, 30 amp starer fuse, alternator and positive battery cable. Any Ideas? Is there a fuse I am missing or a possible short with the remote starter?
I'd call a short to ground on either the starter cable, or the battery cable. Physically check the large gauge wires.
Old September 3rd, 2020 | 2:58 AM
CF Beginner

I would like to know about the same if that is possible to understand and I think there is nobody who can actually make me understand about the same though so you can say its not that easy even i asked to online paper writing service review who are professional in writing and custom essay for students who has been struggling alot in different way .
The following users liked this post:
Orry1989 (September 4th, 2020)
Old September 3rd, 2020 | 7:04 AM
CF Monarch

Sounds like the starter you put in is either bad or has a bad solenoid. You didn't say if you put in a new starter or not, but new parts have been known to be bad.
Old September 29th, 2020 | 10:42 AM
Newly Registered

Originally Posted by Dann78
I would like to know about the same if that is possible to understand and I think there is nobody who can actually make me understand about the same though so you can say its not that easy even i asked to online paper writing service review who are professional in writing and custom essay for students who has been struggling alot in different way .
This is a very common question, since a lot of educational institutions use essay writing, and I think that this is not very good, since this type of assignment is not able to soberly assess the student's ability, but still it is used, I am not very good at writing essays. here this site https://myadmissionsessay.com/essays...-my-essay.html came to my rescue, since the guys here know their business and can help you get rid of this problem, I can confidently recommend this site, since I have been using it myself for a very long time.